WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
In accordance with Article 6, paragraph 1, item c) and e) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27th April 2016 on the protection of individuals relating to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and with the Directive 95/46/EZ being repealed, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data may be collected for legitimate purposes of processing and for respecting legal obligations of processing managers as well as for the purpose of performing tasks of a public interest or at execution of official authorities of the processing manager in the sense of obligations to provide access to the data.
The relevant regulations of the Republic of Croatia stipulate that the provider of accommodaton services in a hospitality facility registered for providing accommodation services (i.e. tourist agency authorized by the provider of such services), is obliged to collect and record in the single system of visitor check-in and check-out eVisitor the following personal data of a person using the accommodation service (visitor/tourist):
- Surname and first name
- Place, country and date of birth
- Type and identification document reference number
- Place of residence (temporary residence) and address
- Date and time of arrival, i.e. departure from the facility
- The basis for exemption from paying the sojourn tax i.e. for the reduction of the sojourn tax payment.
Personal information above is collected only if you become our guest and stay in our accommodation objects.
The relevant data is colected by the accommodation services provider and is processed by the providers of accommodation services in the hospitality facility, tourist boards and public authorities of the Republic of Croatia for the following legal purposes:
- monitoring the implementation of the obligation of registering visitor check-in and check-out by the payer (accommodation service provider) pursuant to the Sojourn Tax Act (OG 152/08, 59/09, 97/13, 158/13 and 30/14) and the Ordinance on the manner of keeping visitor registers and the form and content of the form of registration of visitors with the tourist board (OG 126/15);
- records, calculations and collection of sojourn tax pursuant to the Sojourn Tax Act (OG 152/08, 59/09, 97/13, 158/13 and 30/14) and the Customs Services Act (OG 68/13, 30/14 and 115/16);
- keeping a register or list of guests by the accommodation services provider and monitoring the implementation of the said obligation by the inspection authorities based on the Hospitality and Catering Industry Act (85/15 and 121/16) and Tourist Inspection Act (OG 19/14);
- Registration of foreigners in the Ministry of the Interior and the monitoring of the implementation of the said obligation by the inspection authority pursuant to the Aliens Act (OG 130/11, 74/13 and 69/17) and Act on Police Affairs
and Authorities (OG 76/09 and 92/14);
- keeping records of tourists by tourist boards and statistical processing and reporting pursuant to the Sojourn Tax Act (OG 152/08, 59/09, 97/13, 158/13 and 30/14) and the Act on Tourist Boards and Promotion of Croatian Tourism (OG 152/08);
- supervision of business of accommodaton service providers in the part related to the legality of providing registered services and compliance with taxation and other regulations on public contributions pursuant to the Customs Services Act (OG 68/13, 30/14 and 115/16), the General Tax Act (OG 115/16) and the Act on the Inspection of Road Transport and Roads (OG 22/14).
In consideration of article 5, paragraph 4 of the Ordinance on the manner of keeping records of tourists and the form and content of the registration of tourists with the tourist board, it has been prescribed that all information in the check-in and check-out of visitors is entered based on the information listed in the identity card, that is, some other travel or other identity document, the visitor/tourist is obliged to present to the accommodation services provider such a document and provide any other information required for the data entry, not contained in such a document.
In accordance with Article 6 of the Ordinance on the manner of keeping visitor registers and the form and content of the form of registration of visitors with the tourist board, the collected information is retained for the period of 10 years.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you sent us a message via our contact forms, they will collects your name, phone number and email address so that we can correspond with you. This information will not be stored on our website, and will be forwarded to our email address.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small text files, created by the website visited, that contain data. They are stored on the visitor’s computer to give the user access to various functions. Both session cookies and non-session cookies are used on this website (the “Site”). A session cookie is temporarily stored in the computer memory while the visitor is browsing the website. This cookie is erased when the user closes their web browser or after a certain time has passed (meaning that the session expires). A non-session cookie remains on the visitor’s computer until it is deleted.
COOKIES WE USE:
Our Site is built with WordPress which uses some technical cookies (wordpress_test_cookie, wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec, PH_HPXY_CHECK). These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.
HOW TO REJECT COOKIES?
However you can choose to reject or block the cookies set by www.evol.hr by changing your browser settings – see the “Help function” within your browser for further details. Please note that most browsers automatically accept cookies so if you do not wish cookies to be used, you may need to actively delete or block the cookies. Here is how you can turn them off in popular web browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
This website uses Google Analytics to help us better understand where our visitors come from. We’ve implemented Google Analytics with “Anonymize IP” option, so we can’t know the last octet of your IP address, therefore, we can’t know your exact location.
In case of inquiry by authorities, we’re required by Croatian law to share all the personal information requested. If such request is received, we will also notify the person whose data we have to provide.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Company Name: Evol d.o.o.
Company HQ: Buzinski prilaz 10, 10010 Zagreb
Registered at: Commercial court in Zagreb in 2004
PDV ID: HR01156432877
Business Bank: Raiffeisenbank Austria d.d.
Bank HQ: Petrinjska 59, 10000 Zagreb
Management: Zoran Senčar (sole founder)
All your personal data that we are obliged to keep or we need to keep for future correspondence are kept in digital and paper form on our computers and office archives. Computers are network are protected with firewall, antivirus/antimalware software, passwords and encryption where possible. Office archives are in locked space, in building with video surveillance and access control.
Evol d.o.o. keeps the right to change the content of this web page and shall not be responsible for any possible consequences that might occur as a result of those changes.